In fact, this place may be a smaller city, but it is lawless. LAWLESS! The motorcycle and tuktuk (and wild dog) traffic on the main roads at nighttime is one of the craziest things I have seen (Tokyo was crowded, but at least they respected traffic signals). There are few to no sidewalks, few to no stoplights, and indeed it is a total act of faith to cross a street. You can't wait for a break in traffic - there is none. You just step into oncoming motorcycles and hope they are skilled enough to all miss you, which incredibly, they seem to be. You may as well just close your eyes and walk across the street, for all the control you have over the situation. I actually can't imagine now what Bangkok will be like.
3 comments:
and I thought Thailand to be a very strict and orderly place ? Wow!
Honestly, and I am shocked that I am saying this but tt really looks worse than Queens.
Bangkok was the worst traffic i have ever experienced. Worse than Mumbai. Oddly, what made it worse were the traffic lights-- they for some reason had cycles that lasted for about 5-10 minutes. Thus you would go about a block, wait 10 minutes for the light to change, then crawl forward, praying you made this green light, only to be stopped at the next red light for 5-10 minutes. I had a mental breakdown the day i was going to leave, trying to make my plane.
Post a Comment