The school was on a gorgeous farm in the mountains with an incredible facility, although I think inhaled a lifetime of smog riding the songthaew (open air pickup truck that serves as a taxi) out of the city. My new favorite dish I had today was, of course, a dessert - coconut sticky rice with mango. We heated coconut cream with sticky rice, added a lot of salt for a contrasting salt bite, and then sliced the most delicious cold mango on top. We had already eaten some half dozen meals at that point (cook for an hour, eat for half an hour, repeat all day!) but I still downed that one fast.
This evening I successfully got my wired money from a Western Union - HUGE RELIEF! - and now off to the Sunday night market to spend it all on elephant statues and toasted crickets. Thank you Toby!
3 comments:
That cooking and the market sound amazing but make sure you buy a Thai woman so we can also make that sticky rice.
great to hear that things are going well!
Thank you for another very enjoyable report.
Looking forward to tomorrow's adventures.
There is this city-wide famous Thai restaurant around the corner where I live, and I just love their coconut rice...
Sounds like yummy rice pudding!
Post a Comment