Friday, December 4, 2009

Penultimate, and ultimate

You know you are tired when you find yourself veering toward the sidewalk handicap ramp because you can't lift your feet six inches to mount the curb. You know your mosquito bites itch when you have given up on your organic tea tree oil and are buying the hardcore anti-itch lotion at 7-11. And you know it's your last full night in Thailand when you are shelling out $15 (in Thailand!) per drink to be at the Sky Bar, on the 64th floor roof of the State Tower, just to have breathtaking 360 degree views of the city and full moon. 

This being SE Asia, there is not really any guardrail or much besides 4 feet of glass between you and the ground 64 stories below, so you get lean over the edge with your drink and watch the lights, boats, and traffic. Maybe not the best idea after 14 hours of walking (over the entire city!) when your balance is not the steadiest. But it was a great close to the day. 

This post is short since I need to go collapse in bed, and my last post, since tomorrow I have Massage School all day, May Kaidee's vegetarian party in the evening, and a 1 AM flight home to NYC via Beijing. Thank you again everyone so much, it was great to get to share this as I went and feel you guys near. Lots of love, Jynne.


6 comments:

Toby said...

Perhaps the best travel blog I have ever read. And I don't just say that so I can get an extra-cool gift from the Beijing airport.

Unknown said...

Indeed the SUPER BEST travel blog I have ever read. (I want to get a SUPER extra-cool gift from the Beijing airport. Will this make that happen?!)

J Martin said...

Wow this is a lot of pressure for my 7 hours of Beijing airport shopping but I will do my best!!!

Sylvia Gardner said...

Yes! The greatest travel blog ever! And I writing this as you may be landing in New York - I am sure, we all would like to send you off on trips again and again. Perhaps we should get your bosses to read your blog - I am sure, they will want to sponsor you as an author of travel books. But then, of course, all "your" authors will probably be VERY unhappy to lose "their" Jynne.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing you real soon.

Anonymous said...

How was the May Kaidee party?

J Martin said...

May Kaidee is the best vegetarian restaurant I have ever been to! It is almost worth flying to Bangkok just for her Saturday night $3 all you can eat buffet, where she pulls out all the stops and cooks over a dozen of her best dishes, and the insane mango and black sticky rice dessert with coconut milk. Can't rave enough about her!